Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Diigo experience

I was in a meeting on Friday with elementary school teachers from around our district. I wanted to share my experience with using Diigo one of the social bookmarking tools described in Richardson's book, Blogs, Wikis, etc. He had recommended it along with Del.i.cious with which I was vaguely familiar. I decided to use Diigo because it archives copies of your links.
So I had started to add bookmarks and give them tags, but I didn't organize them. During the meeting on Friday, I suggested that we look into the use of iPods in the classroom. One of the teachers was interested enough to pilot a project, but didn't have a lot of information. I had 5 great links bookmark on Diigo, so I made a group, searched on the tags ipods and classroom that I had used, invited her and the Assistant Supervisor to the group and now we are all sharing the links and commenting using Diigo. It was so simple and effective. And I looked like a real gear head. Nice.

No comments:

Post a Comment